Aion: Awakened Legacy - Item and System Changes
Aion: Awakened Legacy update arrives in a couple of weeks, and to prepare you for the update there are several impactful systems changes you should be aware of. Check out the highlights below and stay tuned for the full patch notes available as we near the launch on October 24.
Equipment and Accessories
- Equipment will now use a rarity progression of Ancient, Legendary, and Ultimate. This also applies to items that use rarity.
- With the rarity change, characters will be granted new gear based on their current gear. Click here to see the list. Characters will keep their current gear along with receiving the new gear after the game update.
- Equipment will be explicitly divided into PvE and PvP equipment, which determines how it can be acquired and powered up.
- Enchanting gear no longer breaks when the enchantment fails.
- Equipment and accessories will use either PvE or PvP Enchantment Stones, which is determined by the type of equipment (PvE or PvP).
- Supplements can no longer be used and can be sold to the vendor for Kinah.
- Most equipment will need to have their Manastone sockets unlocked before they can have Manastones added. Slots can be unlocked with Manastone Fasteners. The amount of Fasteners required will be based on the level and rarity of the gear, as well as how many slots have already been unlocked on it.
Crafting and Gathering
- The old crafting disciplines will be removed.
- Aethertapping will be removed, but Essencetapping will remain.
- The Aetherforging craft list will change. Players will be able to craft both craft both PvE and PvP equipment and accessories of various rarities.
- The number and type of craftable items in Karunerk’s Workshop in Luna will be changing. You will also be able to craft PvE Enchantment Stones, Aetherforging crafting materials, and more.
- Luna will replace the bonus instance entry scrolls. You’ll be able to use Luna to add additional instance entries. Scrolls currently in the game can still be used up.
- Kutana’s Teleport Station will be added, allowing players to spend Luna to teleport to strategic areas quickly.
- The Transformation system is a new system that will allow you to transform into a powerful being for a short time, granting bonus stats.
- There are different grades of Transformations which players can earn from Transformation Contracts. Higher grades provide better stats, but have a shorter duration.
- Transformations will be permanently unlocked account-wide via a Transformation Contract. To use a Transformation, players need a Transformation Scroll.
- Transformation Contracts and Scrolls can be purchased from the Gold Sand Traders for Kinah. Other means to obtain them will be made available in the future.
- The new Cubics system will provide you with permanent stat boosts for a character through the use of Cubicles.
- Cubicles can be acquired through Qubrinerk’s Workshop as well as other means.
- There are many types of Cubicles, and you can see the various stats awarded from the Cubic menu.
- Many consumables including power shards, crafting recipes and buff scrolls will be obsolete and automatically sold or removed upon login. Full item details will be available later.
- +5 Essence Cores will automatically be exchanged for Gold Ingots. Essence Cores lower than +5 will be immediately removed from players’ inventories.
- Gold Ingot is a new token that can be used to purchase items from the new Gold Sand Traders. Kinah can be exchanged for Gold Ingots.
Keep an eye out for additional articles and features explaining the biggest and best changes coming to Aion: Awakened Legacy—arriving October 24!