Leave Your Legacy: Aethertech
We’ve already revealed the Aethertech as Aion’s next new class, but before it makes its way over to the North American servers, we need YOU to design it!
From Wednesday, September 11 to Wednesday, September 25, 2013, players can submit their original concept art for an Aethertech mechanical suit. We’ll choose the best designs to submit to the development team and if chosen, your design could be immortalized in Aion! This is a design submission, so even if you can't draw all that well, if you have a great idea we want to see it! Creativity, innovation, and uniqueness are what we're looking for!
Remember, this is not a contest! There are no physical or digital prizes. If your submission is chosen, you will get official recognition that your artwork has been incorporated into the game, and you will be given the chance to participate in the naming process of your design once the 4.5 update lauches!
As this is not a contest, we encourage all of our Aion: Dark Betrayal players to participate! There are no territory restrictions. Please be sure to read the full terms and conditions below before sending in your work.
How do I participate?
* Draw an awesome piece of concept art that represents your best idea for an 'Aethertech' class weapon/suit.
* The Aethertech class uses a magical key to summon a large mechanical suit to battle and ride. The suit design should take priority, but you are welcome to design a matching key as well!
* Your artwork may be hand-drawn, or computer generated, but it must be your own original work. Submissions that violate copyrights or someone else’s intellectual property will be disqualified.
* You must present at least a front and side view.
* Notes explaining moving parts and effects are OK.
Submit your artwork to LeaveYourLegacy[at]ncsoft.com. To be eligible, you must include ALL of the following information in your e-mail:
- Real Name
- Account, server, and character name
- Explanation of your concept and the intent behind your design
- The following statement:
By submitting the artwork, I:
- represent and warrant that my entry is my own original work and that it does not violate any rights of any third party (including, without limitation, any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right, or any privacy, publicity or publishing rights of any third party), and that it is not libelous, obscene or otherwise contrary to law;
- agree, in the event that my entry is selected to be used by NCSOFT Corporation (“Sponsor”), to (i) assign to Sponsor all of my rights, title and interest in my entry, including, without limitation, copyright, in or to my entry; or, (ii) if I cannot transfer any of my rights, grant a perpetual, exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free, transferable license to Sponsor to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform and display, create derivative works of and otherwise commercially exploit my entry; or (iii) if I cannot transfer or license any of my rights, waive enforcement of such rights. I further agree to take all reasonable actions, at Sponsor's expense, that are required for Sponsor to protect and enforce Sponsor's rights in my entry
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. The deadline for submissions is 11:59pm PDT on Wednesday, September 25, 2013.
The Aion team will then choose their top submissions and send to the Developers for the final decision. If one of the designs is chosen to be featured in 4.5, we will make the winning announcement with the concept design alongside an official screenshot.
Best of luck, Daevas! We’re looking forward to your submissions.